Do you need to deliver low latency content and reliably to ensure an improved experience? Cirion CDN is our content delivery network, the most connected worldwide, with 170 Tbps of capacity in 95 cities in Latin America and globally.
Discover the Benefits of Cirion CDN
Dedicated Solutions to Meet your Business Needs
Network Performance and Resilience
- 2400+ edge servers in 95 POPs for 170 Tbps total delivery capacity.
- Strategic server placement within IP backbone at key peering points.
- Deep edge caching within ISPs.
- Advanced peering control as Tier 1 provider to help ISPs correct routing issues.
- Tiered architecture reduces load and cost of edge server caching.
- Enhanced cache efficiency through edge clustering, popularity-based caching and request collapsing.
- Rate limiting options to help ISPs better manage large software download events.
- TCP optimizations for small and large object transfer.
- HTTP/2, HTTP/3 and QUIC (technical preview)
- Optimized traffic localization and routing.
Reliability and Redundancy
- Staged code and configuration development; rollout in progressive deployment rings.
- Configurations stored locally on edge nodes in the event of control plane failure.
- 24/7 regional and global NOCs; local language support.
- Native origin service or bring your own
- Origin failover to balance traffic between multiple origins
- Robust connectivity into public cloud origins.
- Security: SSL certificate management, standard TLS 1.3, TLS shared cert, Let’s Encrypt
- Access control by geo-blocking, token authentication, cloud authentication, proxy and VPN detection
- Purge control by self-service User Interface and API for invalidations (~60 second propagation delay)
- Compatible with modern HTTP features (e.g. chunked transfer encoding, range requests)
- Image optimization.
- Object pre-fetch.
- Flexible, software-based origin shield
- Configuration options and an expression language to control cache rules and expiration
- Scripting engine to support custom logic (e.g. custom token schemes)
- Self-service configuration via API, GUI and V3
- Progressive rollouts and AB testing for configuration changes
- Log delivery and log streaming to the endpoint of your choice including public clouds (W3C file / JSON)
- SRE processes and integration of our support teams into your DevOps systems
- Enhanced visualization and new user interface (Q4 2021
Media Specific Features
- Support for industry-standard HTTP-based streaming protocols for live and VOD
- Native support for low latency MPEG-DASH and HLS
- End-to-end video workflow support with acquisition (including encoding, packaging, DRM, closed captioning, ad insertion, etc.)
- Defense in depth through multi-layer protection combining layer 3 and 4 DDoS with layer 7 application security
- Deeply peered global backbone as the first line of defense. Vast visibility to identify new threats and mitigate attacks directly at the network level
- Volumetric DDoS protection leveraging 15 global scrubbing centers, 9 SOCs and the Cirion threat intelligence arm, Cirion, (Lumen Black Lotus Labs)
- Next-generation WAF, API protection and bot risk management (BRM) strategically deployed and orchestrated across the Cirion edge network, close to where attacks originate
Origin and Object Storage
- Rapid time to first byte with high-speed egress to Cirion CDN via wholly owned IP network.
- Resiliency across three storage devices or facilities, backed by 99.999 percent uptime SLA
- Built-in data integrity mechanisms and self-repair
- Secure data with redundant network paths, direct connection to Cirion CDN, and encrypted data transfer